Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas Countdown

I know. I know. I'm a few weeks late for this post, but better late than never, right? I started making this Christmas countdown board in early November... and finished it last night.

A couple ideas of what to put in the pockets: a scripture for each night to share with your family, something that you're thankful for, a family activity for the night, what to have for dinner, a chore (this would totally take the fun out of it, but whatever), a song to sing, a favorite memory, etc. Really, you choose what to do. We have a book with a song, scripture and poem or story for each day in December. I'll be putting the scripture in each pocket then we, as a family, can read through the scripture, sing the song and read the story together. What a great way to make a habit of having family scripture study, right!?

When November rolls around again I'll be sure to post a tutorial... will someone PLEASE remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment